Monday, June 21, 2010


Such a busy time of year for everyone. . . Still getting settled into the new house, unpacking notes and sorting research and books. . . . Dixie Lee had a great time with the Kansas Division Sons of Confederate Veterans on Saturday evening. Great buds!

In checking the calendar, I notice that yesterday was the birthday of Errol Flynn, born June 20, 1909. Where would Jeb Stuart and George Custer be without him? My friend, Louis Kraft, is working on a biography of Flynn and his frequent costar, Olivia de Havilland, and I can't wait to read it!

"Purtiest man I ever saw!"

*************************************

June 20 is a red-letter day in my life, too, because it is the anniversary of the day Gary & I met. It didn't take long for us to realize God had sent us to one another. There have been so many experiences packed into this year, it's more like twenty, but it has all been good or worked for good. I am grateful. It's never too late for love.

No comments: