Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

It has been a hectic month--one filled with challenges and one filled with blessings. It has been a rather lean time, as I know it has for many this year. Last night, on Christmas Eve, I went to sleep with a wonderful sense of peace in knowing that my daughter was home, safe, asleep, our home was warm, and there were presents for her under the tree.

I am richly blessed with friends. Monday, my best girlfriends who are close enough, were here for lunch. In the middle of the laughter, I realized I was truly happy and forgotten whatever had been troubling me all week. For my girlfriends who are too far away, Mona in Kosovo, Carol in Philadelphia, Karen in South Carolina (Karen's card arrived while we were dining and we put it in the middle of the table), Michelle in Bartlesville, Teresa at Fort Leonard Wood, Rita in Cana--I send my love and gratitude for their friendship.

Keep the season in your heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Deb!