Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Day Dixie Died....Now on Kindle!!!

The Day Dixie Died is now available on Kindle for around $15. It is a depressing book, but it contains compelling true stories of the lives of Southerners after the Civil War was supposed to be over.
This was a collaboration with my former husband. As the word former implies, we did not always see eye-to-eye. I learned a lot from him and I learned a lot in the collaboration, but were I to write this book today I think it would be very different. The months and years of research that went into it revealed a world of incredible people, both historic and contemporary, for whom I am so grateful to know. Their presence in my life has made it much richer. I hope to share their stories compassionately and honestly throughout the months and years to come.
Now, back to the Civil War and Kansas.


Kansas Scout said...

Just discovered your blog. Very nice.

Deb Goodrich Bisel said...

Thank you! Let's share links. As you know, I have a love for bluegrass and old time music, too!

Leslie Shelor said...

So cool!