Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Wyoming!



On July 10, 1890, Wyoming became the 44th state admitted to the Union.

To celebrate, they're giving away this '57 Chevy. . . sort of . . . .

The newsletter came from the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody today, and it included the announcement of their annual Patrons Ball. Held the last weekend in September, this is absolutely the coolest event in the West! Tom and I were there three or four years ago, and I'm dying to get back. That's when they're giving away the '57 Chevy! Visit http://www.bbhc.org/events/patronsBall.cfm for info.

While Steve Forman and I were doing the promo for my radio show the other day, DJ Joey Baggz from our rock station popped in and asked if I would look at his project. He has set a goal of visiting 200 Kansas towns and photographing the not-so-obvious sites. His photos to date are displayed on his Facebook page (A sample of Joey's work is displayed below). Joey calls this his Kansas Project, and I urge you to take the time to enjoy and drop Joey a line saying Deb sent you.


No comments: