Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Me and Mary Jane

I had the great pleasure of addressing the volunteers of Old Prairie Town at Ward Meade Park a few days ago. Such a wonderful, richly historic and beautiful home, garden, buildings. The best time to enjoy this scenic spot is coming up soon -- literally. The warmer temperatures and spring rains remind us that Tulip Time is upon us. Mary Jane Ward (in the portrait above) would approve of all these folks visiting her home and the care and attention given to the gardens that surround it.


My topic was one near and dear to my heart, Topeka Cemetery. I still have a few copies of Stories in Stone, the book I did several years ago about that historic spot. Drop me an email if you want one. They're only $10 and feature some awesome photography by local builder, Brad Davenport.


Actually, I strayed a bit in my presentation and got on the history soap box. . . . They were a generous and forgiving crowd. . . . Their fearless leaders, Sara Leeth and John Bell are just the best!

________________________________________
Trading Spaces

Since my house fire in January, Gary & I have been looking for a place to live. We've made an offer on a house, so keep your fingers crossed for us! In the meantime, the townhouse he's been in for 9 years is available and it's a great deal! Tell your friends and email me if you're interested in more details.

____________________________________
Smoky Hill Trail Association

I just got a call from Mike Baughn, past president of the above, who informed me that the 2010 trail conference is set for October 15-17 in Limon, Colorado, and the association website is up and running. Kudos, guys! Hope to see you there. smokyhilltrail.com

No comments: