Sunday, February 10, 2008

More Gravy

Biscuits and sausage gravy tonight. It was delicious. Biscuits and gravy always taste best at night. Just like cereal.

I recall being at the home of Trevis and Doris Byrd in Lexington, NC, years and years ago. Trevis finally pushed away from the table and looked at Daddy, "Brother Charlie, I just can't seem to get the biscuits and gravy to even out." To which Daddy, replied, "Just eat til it's gone."


Am pooped. Cheryl and I painted only one room this morning and then headed to her mother's house where cousins piled in with photos and letters and diaries. Snooping in other people's business has always appealed to me. Of course, says Cheryl, I am easily amused. Maybe, but her family has some fascinating history. Seems Cheryl's great-grandfather served with the 8th Kansas Vol. Inf. and a cousin brought his notebook. Apparently, he was quartermaster and the boys were stationed in New Orleans after the war. I can't wait to get into this one.


More gravy, please.

No comments: