Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Love of My Life


The love of my life was born on this day. . . . The only problem is the year was 1846. I would have been a camp follower, thrown my possessions and education and what few morals I possess aside for this man.
Normal girlfriends fantasize about George Clooney, Russell Crowe, Brad Pitt. (Michelle dreams of Stonewall but I find that faintly sacrilegious.)

I dream of William F. Cody.

A Buffalo Bill Combination indeed. Ahhhhh. . . I'm having a glass of wine and retiring to my dreams.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, Deb, I thought about your dream man one night (make that very early morning) last summer as I drove past all of the Buffalo Bill landmarks in Cody on my way to their lovely emergency room!

Si's blog said...

Our daughter is about to do "Annie Get Your Gun" at the Winchester (good name for this show), VA, theatre. That, plus your post, seems to indicate that I should dream about Annie. Well, my wife's name is Annie. But if she got a gun, I would be in mrtal danger. So I will be very happy to dream about "Annie Don't Got No Gun".

Deb Goodrich said...

Clint, I took someone to the emergency room in Cody once! Glad your boy is okay. Si, I think "Annie Don't Got No Gun" has tremendous potential and you should start working on the movie rights!

Anonymous said...

Hey, why is it faintly sacrilegious that I love Stonewall, he is the perfect man afterall! JEB and Buffalo Bill are right up there with Stonewall!
Love ya!
Michelle

Deb Goodrich said...

It's not sacrilegious to LOVE him, but LUSTING after him. . . . I mean, in the South, it's God, Jesus, Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, JEB Stuart. . . .

Anonymous said...

My Gawd! How can people mention that no good Jayhawker William F. Cody in the same breath with the likes of Marse Robert, Stonewall and Purdy?

Cody was one of Gen. Blunt's RedLegs. He's no better'n Jennison, Lane and that backstabbin' brute Hickock.

I say we knock down all of his statues and burn Cody, Wyoming to the ground!

Who's with me?

The Giant from Missouri!