Thursday, March 13, 2008

Soldier Stories

Dear Reader, as if I didn't trouble you enough, I have created a new blog: http://soldierthenandnow.blogspot.com/ Please visit and contribute. I spent today on business at Fort Leavenworth and heard Gen. Bill Caldwell, who is in charge at the Fort, and British Gen. Simon Mayall address the students. I will be sharing interviews with some of the British officers visiting the post as well as the students who are in residence there.

While there, I ran into John Reichley, historian extraordinaire, who knows just about everything about this historic post and town. He reminded me that Scott Porter is speaking to the Leavenworth Historical Society (Frontier Army Museum) next Thursday, March 20, and is then conducting a battlefield tour on Saturday morning following. We're meeting John at the bar just before hearing Scott speak. Come join us, and stay tuned!

No comments: